24/7 MOMS

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Little Leprechaun wants chocolate




What are we celebrating tomorrow? Was the BIG question I asked my youngest child Nate earlier today. His answer “St. Patrick’s Day”. I then proceeded to ask him how do we celebrate St Patrick’s Day?. He went on to tell me that “we have to set up traps for the Leprechauns who will come to our house tomorrow night and steal all of our chocolate” (I am chocoholic, which means we have plenty of it in our home to get stolen) he continued on…. “but if we catch one then he has to grant us a wish”.

His response got me thinking about how we could celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year….Typically our family tradition is eating a meal of corned beef and cabbage along with green food items at the dinner table in which I have decorated in green and filled little gold treasure boxes with treats.

This year my children have a birthday party to attend on St Patrick’s day. Why cook another meal? Remember, I’m the “Cooking is NOT my thing” chef , so Nate's response to What is tomorrow? has given me an New idea.

I typed up post card size notes for each of my children from the little Leprechaun, filled their gold boxes with some yummy treats and as I head to bed tonight I will place them in their bedrooms. When they wake up in the morning they will see what the little Leprechaun has left them, and hopefully follow the instructions. Which means the Mom (little Leprechaun) should be getting 5 gold boxes filled with chocolate by tomorrow night.

I think this is a great plan for both the kids and I...they get a yummy treat and I get some of their hidden chocolate.

Off to deliver my Gold Boxes

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home