24/7 MOMS

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time Waster Time Saver Thursdays


Is your brain on overload, and you feel overwhelmed? If you're like me, after 5 kids I have ZERO brain cells left, especially those memory ones. I thoroughly believe that with each baby I delivered they also took part of my brain. I find myself often going about my day forgetting what I was doing, where I need to go, who I needed to call, etc. And, I have many of those moments. I walk into a room and wonder what I needed to do in this room? AHHHH, PLEASE give me my brain back or find a cure for this forgetful MOM syndrome.


Time Waster: Are you filling your brain trying to remember all the TO DO's, TO GO's and TO CALLS? ONLY to have get hit with the forgetful MOM Syndrome?



Time Saver: Become addicted to WRITING it down.

- Create MASTER To Do, To Go and To Call lists for all areas of your life.

- Keep a note pad in your bathroom drawer. Often when I am getting ready in the morning I think of so many things I need to do, so I quickly jot them down, then take it to my desk and transfer to my master lists.

- Keep a note pad in your car. While being the MOM taxi or running my errands it seems I always think of things I need to remember. So, I can easily write them down on my pad of paper, then tear it off and take it to my desk to be placed on my master lists.

- Teach/ask your family members to leave notes for you on your desk or kitchen counter or create a hanging message center. If they need you to make an appointment for them, pick up a new bottle of shampoo, sign them up for a activity, etc. have them writeit down for you. These notes will assist the MOM memory.

- Use DAILY planner sheets to organize your days. I use the daily pages from http://www.thebusywoman.com/. These pages have sections for priorities (To Doʼs), Appointments, To Be called, Chores, Menu, and Notes. Each Sunday I sit down and fill these out so I have in writing what my week will entail. And, keep the forgetful MOM syndrome under control.

Have you experienced the forgetful MOM syndrome? Comment and share with the 24/7 MOMS your TIPS on MOM Memory.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger momisbestjob said...

In addition to keeping a note pad in my car and bathroom, I keep one on my night stand so that when I am laying in bed thinking of all the things a forgot to do, I can write them down and my mind will finally shut off so I can go to sleep

May 22, 2008 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger momisbestjob said...

I use post it notes a lot! If I made a breakfast casserole the night before to take to my MOPS meeting the next morning, I put a post it note on my mirror reminding me to put my food in the oven.

If I need to remember to take something out the door with me in the AM or do an errand that I don't normally do, I put a post it on my front door so I see it when I am walking out the door.

Even my 7 year old knows me. She will say "just write yourself a note" when I ask her to help me remember to do something! LOL

May 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger cristina said...

i keep a SMALL (key to keeping this working) basket by the door for outgoing stuff: store returns (with receipt IN bag), library books, things for friends, etc.

on my good days, i will set my watch's timer and force myself to FOCUS on a task for 15 minutes, so that i don't get distracted by some other chore when i see it...e.g., i'll pass the unfolded laundry and remind myself, i'm getting the windex to get the bathroom finished up, i can do laundry stuff during the next 15-minute session. i wish there were more "good days" these days...


i just found your blog...excited to be back and visit. we met in nashville at the focus group for MOPS convention....i think...lost brain cells since then. :)

May 23, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home